OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2011

From:
Dan Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:24:39 -0700
Hello All... This morning, among a dozen or so Canada Geese, a single Ross's
Goose was found at the Deercreek WA wetlands West of Dick Road. This is the
middle lake/wetlands area West of the dike which is most easily accessed off
Egypt Road where there is a small parking area and dirt roadway that leads back
to the West end of the middle lake. This roadway is still flooded, so take along
a pair of boots! This is also the same water area where Bob Royse reported a
Red-necked Grebe two days ago, and also a Eurasian Wigeon last week. Neither
the Wigeon or Red-necked Grebe were found this morning though there was a good
number and variety of ducks. Before leaving, a Bald Eagle flew into the area,
getting up just about everything, including the Geese. The Ross's Goose was last
seen flying toward the Deercreek Reservoir.

Good Birding,
Dan
 Dan Sanders
42 Scioto St
Powell, OH 43065
614-596-5666

"When a man destroys a piece of art we call him a vandal; when he destroys
a work of nature we call him a developer." Anonymous