OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2011

From:
Lee Underschultz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2011 13:55:50 -0500
As I was sitting down by the backwater area next to our property I played
the song of a Hermit Thrush that I thought I had seen in our yard above.
Sure enough, one flew into the pine trees beside me.

Signs of spring are definitely here. The Song Sparrows and Towhees are
singing courting songs. As soon as I played my birdjam each one instantly
flew to within 20 feet of me. I saw a crow flying over the house with
carrying nesting material in the direction of the family roost. Maybe that
groundhog was right after all.

Lee Underschultz
Firefly Hollow
Little Hocking, OH