OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2011

From:
Mary Reese <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Reese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2011 22:55:32 -0800
We are coming to Ohio on May 4 for your birding festival.  We've never been to
Ohio, Michigan, or Ontario before.  We will be staying one week, and for a brief
excursion, might skirt around the lake, trying to avoid Detroit, and going to
Point Pelee.  Any suggestions for funky, birder-friendly places to stay would be
appreciated.  (Last year we went to the Lower Rio Grande Valley, Texas and
stayed at the Alamo Inn near the Santa Ana Refuge, so if any of you have been
there, that's the kind of place we're looking for - low key, homey, a place with
a kitchen.)  Also, which airport would be best to fly to?  We know about Magee
Marsh.  Other recommendations?  Local birding books?  Maps?  Please answer
privately.  Hope to meet some of you at the festival.

Mary Reese & Jim Allen
Portland, Oregon