OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2011

From:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2011 21:16:41 -0500
I looked over the reservoir at Buck Creek State Park this morning. I found a
Common Redpoll along the northern most access to the lake from Grant Road.
It was feeding on the ground on the north side of the gravel drive leading
to the lake with some Song Sparrows and American Tree Sparrows.

There are hundreds of ducks on the lake. They are mostly diving ducks. They
were widely scattered. The only place with dabblers was in the shallow water
at the north end of the lake. I found 13 species of ducks plus a few
Pied-billed Grebes and maybe 20 Horned Grebes.

Doug Overacker
Springfield, Ohio