From:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 18:07:22 -0400
Again with limited time, I spent an hour roaming this park/preserve and the adjacent wetland preserve. Temperate migrants were still in full passage, and a few waterfowl were still hanging around the wetland.  Highlights included:

Blue-winged teal - 3 pair, wetlands
Bufflehead - 2M,1F, wetlands
Pied-billed Grebe - 2, wetlands
Sapsucker - only 1.  They're much more common along riparian strips, which are not close to here.
Flicker - 6+, especially around dead snags
Phoebe - 2-3, mostly around vernal pools of Woods
Swallows - both Tree & Rough-winged around wetlands
Winter Wren - 2 singing
Hermit Thrush - 1 singing softly
Golden-cr. Kinglet - 10+
Ruby-cr.Kinglet - 1 singing