From:
Ruth Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ruth Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 15:17:38 -0700
Greenlawn was very birdy from 1-4pm today.  I stopped at the dam/boat ramp area afterward and picked up a few more.  Highlights in caps:

Double-crested Cormorant, dam
Great Blue Heron, 5 at dam
Canada Goose
Mallard, dam
BUFFLEHEAD, 20 at dam, 7m13f
HOODED MERGANSER, 4 at pit!, 1m3f
Cooper's Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Mourning Dove
Red-bellied Woodpecker, 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, 10+
Downy Woodpecker, 5+
Northern Flicker, 5+
Eastern Phoebe, 2, 1 on nest
Blue Jay
American Crow, dam
Tree Swallow, dam
Carolina Chickadee
RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH, bridge
White-breasted Nuthatch
Brown Creeper, 2
Golden-crowned Kinglet, lots
HERMIT THRUSH, 5+
American Robin
BROWN THRASHER, 4
European Starling
YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER, 1 bright and beautiful at bridge
PINE WARBLER, 1 at pit
Northern Cardinal
EASTERN TOWHEE, 2 females (heard the male singing)
CHIPPING SPARROW, 5+
FOX SPARROW, 10+, a bumper year!
White-throated Sparrow, lots
RED-WINGED BLACKBIRD, 1 at pit, unusual at Greenlawn
Brown-headed Cowbird, 6, 3m3f
PURPLE FINCH, 4, 3m1f, at pit feeders
House Finch, 5+
American Goldfinch, 5+