From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2011 20:59:42 -0400
Ben Morrison, Shari Jackson, my wife Denise, and myself, successfully visited the previously reported Long-eared Owl site at 4260 TR617, northeast of Mt. Hope at about 9AM. The owl was holding a deceased American Robin in its talons. The owl is in the middle tree in the front yard; check in with the family at the back door before viewing. Next stop about 11AM was also successful, locating the previously described Western Meadowlark at 8590 TR323 northwest of Holmesville. We found the bird singing in the field across the road to the west, in the company of two Horned Larks. On to Funk. A male Eurasian Wigeon was found on Funk Road about a half mile north of the intersection of SR95 and Funk Road. It was on the right side in a green shallow water area. While along SR95 we encountered Levi Hostetler and his two sons. They reported something to keep an eye out for; they had seen an adult White Ibis at about 10AM along SR95 on the northside, in a green pasture area just into Ashland County, between CR37 and CR175. We were unable to relocate the bird at about noon. Back to Mahoning County and Evans Lake excitement.

Bob Lane / Mahoning~Columbiana County