From:
Michele Hendrick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michele Hendrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2011 05:55:35 -0400
Not good news at all!!

Michele Hendrick
Wadsworth Ohio

Email from Jeff Gordon

Hi all,

I'm sure others will be posting here and elsewhere about the bad news that
today the Cochise County Board of Supervisors voted to uphold the appeal
against Mary Jo Ballator's special use permit that would allow birders
continued day-use access to her grounds. This is an unfortunate setback, to
say the least.

I'm still very proud of the way hundreds of birders took the time to write
in messages in support of Ash Canyon Bed and Breakfast (you can read
excerpts from a bunch of them here?they're wonderful: http://bit.ly/gcH2EM).

There are a few who have worried that we shouldn't speak up, that it will
only solidify opposition. I understand their argument, but I contend that
it's a lack of standing up for ourselves that has led and will continue to
lead to decisions like today's. Unless we exercise and thereby strengthen
our voice; that in my mind is the only way to stop our interests being
trivialalized.

In any event, I look forward to seeing what can be done now to make the best
of things.

Good birding,

Jeff

Jeffrey Gordon