From:
Dwight Chasar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2011 12:06:57 -0500
This morning during the Sunday morning bird walks, my small group (Claudia Anders, Dave Ford, and a few others) found a pair of peregrine falcons putting on an aerial and vocal display at the Route 82 bridge that crosses from Sagamore Hills in Summit Co to Brecksville in Cuyahoga Co over the Cuyahoga River (41B6CW).  They were seriously interacting with one another and checking out possible nest sites under the bridge.  They seemed to prefer the eastern half of the bridge, landing in places that might be suitable for a nest.  With the high speed winds, they moved like rockets.  Many people over the next couple hours going to see the bald eagle nest got a real treat from the falcons.

Dwight Chasar