From:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2011 10:45:56 -0400
I went out to the beach at Buck Creek State Park to check on the Laughing
Gull that Rick Asamoto reported last night. I found it on the beach with the
flock of gulls. Bonaparte's Gulls were the most numerous this morning with
many Ring-billed Gulls and the one Laughing Gull in breeding plumage. There
were also 9 Caspian Terns and 2 or 3 Forster's Terns. Several cormorants
were feeding on the lake and a single Horned Grebe was near the north end of
the beach. Hundreds of swallows were flying over the lake. Most were Tree
Swallows but there were also some Barn Swallows and a few Northern
Rough-winged Swallows.

Doug Overacker
Springfield, Ohio