From:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Margaret Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2011 12:39:10 -0400
Spent the morning surveying for OBBA II, primarily looking for owl nests.  Spring is HERE!  By this time next week, the trees will be so far leafed out that owl nests will be obscured.   Total of 47 species:

Canada goose
wood duck
black vulture - I'm seeing more and more of these
turkey vulture
red-shouldered hawk - 3rd one this week
red-tailed hawk
American kestrel - including an obvious pair
wild turkey - hunters were out, so not as many as I'd hoped to see
killdeer
rock pigeon
mourning dove
red-bellied woodpecker
downy woodpecker
northern flicker
eastern phoebe
barn swallow
gray catbird - first of year for me
brown thrasher
eastern bluebird
wood thrush - first of year for me
American robin
blue-gray gnatcatcher - lots of these!
Carolina chickadee
tufted titmouse
blue jay
American crow
European starling
house sparrow
white-eyed vireo - several - first of year for me
yellow-throated vireo - at least three, first of year for me
American goldfinch
BLUE-WINGED WARBLER - 2 - different locations
YELLOW WARBLER - 3 - different locations
YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER - 2 - different locations
PRAIRIE WARBLER - 1
KENTUCKY WARBLER - 1
COMMON YELLOWTHROAT - 1
eastern towhee
chipping sparrow
field sparrow
song sparrow
WHITE-THROATED SPARROW - singing its lovely song, in perfect habitat - tall pines in Wildlife Area- Will it stay?
northern cardinal
red-winged blackbird
eastern meadowlark
common grackle
brown-headed cowbird

Also, saw my first-of-year OSPREY east of Newark, soaring over Licking River.

Margaret Bowman
Licking Co.
and now Coshocton Co. also