Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2011 22:33:38 -0400
Greetings, and Happy Easter, may the joy I have on this day be with you
as well!

I went to Lawrence Woods in Kenton Ohio today to keep it local not for
any cause, just no gas money :-D.

TONS of birds, White Throated Sparrows, Ruby Crowned Kinglets..., Yellow
Warblers, Butter Butts...(Yellow-Rumped Warblers ;-D) were the most
prevalent of the smaller birds in the woods.

Winter Wren, House Wren, Crows, Black Birds, Downys, Flickers, Pileated
Woodpecker (heard and seen "evidence"), Pheasant, Meadowlarks, Blue Gray
Gnatcatchers, Titmice, Geese, and Goldfinches were the usual.

For the unusual here, I heard the "fee-bee fee-bay" of Carolina
Chickadees, I saw Chickadees up high in the trees.  I know through
Cornell Labs,  that Black Capped will sing out "fee-bee", but do they
follow up with that "fee-bay" sound as well?

Lawrence Woods is a flower wonderland this time of year.

Early spring Flowers are hitting their prime.:
Yellow Trout Lilys were seen all over one lone white was seen at the
split. The Marsh Marigolds that the Woods are known for, are just
phenomenal!
Dutchman's Breeches are a little past prime but still amazing, and the
Bloodroot are done...darn I missed them all...oh well there is always
next year.
The Trills are juuuust about there.  I saw maybe three of the smaller
white that were out, but the majority were just peaking out, and some
were still closed.
Wild Geraniums were here and there.  And the whole forest floor were
covered with all of the little bitty flowers that are normal for this
time of the year, it was almost a carpet of white.

A couple of the smaller red squirrels were out playing out and about as
well.

I posted a lot to my smug Galleries both in the unsorted flowers and
birds sections.:
http://sjlarue.smugmug.com/Unsorted

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Steve J.
(sjlarue)
Psalm 19:1 (ESV)

1 The heavens declare the glory of God,
    and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.