From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2011 18:14:16 -0400
We would like to put out an open invitation to all, to come and visit the Beaver Creek Wildlife Education Center, for the season grand opening this Saturday April 30 and Sunday May 1. The Center will be showcasing all of the new room additions. The Center has over 320 bird and mammal mounts on display, everything form full size Black Bears, to Great Gray Owl, to American Bittern, to Black-throated Blue Warbler, just to name a few. An exciting mount on display is a Passenger Pigeon. Nearly all of the bird species that are encountered in Ohio, are on display in natural settings. There is an extensive nature library, and many hands on exhibits related to all facets of nature, and Ohio archaeology. A television monitor follows the happenings in an Eastern Bluebird box; with the female presently on five eggs. The Center is located at the entrance to Beaver Creek State Park, accessed off of SR7, several miles north of SR11. Follow the brown state park signs. The Center will be open from noon to 6PM on Saturday, and 2PM to 6PM on Sunday. There is no admission charge. If you come and visit this unkown part of Ohio, we guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Bob and Denise Lane / Mahoning~Columbiana County