From:
Steve Landes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Landes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2011 19:31:52 -0400
 My fiancee and I had a nice, but very windy, afternoon at Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area (Wyandot Co.)

Highlights included the previously reported Eurasian Wigeon, in a flock of American Wigeon, Gadwall, and Ring-necked Ducks in the northeast part of Pond 27 (scope necessary!)

Also of note were 7 Wilson's Snipe and a single Greater Yellowlegs near the pond just south of the maintenance buildings. A good variety and number of other ducks were present in the area, as well as 10 Bald Eagles. There were also 3 cormorants at the upground Reservoir- I have never seen them there before.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any Brewer's or Rusty Blackbirds in of a flock of 500+ mostly Redwings and Cowbirds along TH-115. There were a few Grackles and Starlings in the flock as well. Washburn Rd. held only Horned Larks, no longspurs of any kind.

We missed the Hoary Redpoll in La Rue, even thought it had been seen earlier.

Good Birding,

Steve Landes