From:
matt erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
matt erickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:52:53 -0400
All,

My dad and I spent a great spring day at Clear Creek metro park and saw many
of the usual suspects.  List included:

Warblers/Vireos:

Cerulean
Hooded
Louisiana Waterthrush
Ovenbird
Kentucky
Blue Winged
Yellow Throated Warbler
Praire
Palm
Pine
Black-and-White
American Redstart
Yellow-rumped
Common Yellow Throat
Heard a few Parula but never found one.
Yellow Throated Vireo

Possibly heard:
Red-Eyed Vireo
Warbling Vireo

Other interesting birds:
Summer Tanager
Black Vulture
Yellow Breasted Sapsucker
Pileated Woodpecker
Kingfisher
Turkey
Brown Thrasher

On a side note:  We were walking along the river and saw an interesting
centipede crawling along, we stopped to look at it more closely and right
then a ranger was driving by on the road.  He slams on his breaks, stops,
back ups, jumps out of his truck and starts walking towards us.  He said he
saw us looking at the ground and wanted to remind us about the "NO HUNTING
MUSHROOMS" policy.  We were just birders carrying binocs and a spotting
scope ... no mushroom guns ... so he let us off with a warning.

On a sider note: Many of the great warblers at Clear Creek are nesters ...
my dad and I have been making an annual trip down there for a few years and
know where to reliably find most of them.  If anyone wants to get a more
specific location just e-mail me.

Thanks,
Matt