Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2011 14:35:53 -0400
Greetings!

Lawrence Woods over in Kenton was like a scene from Magee Marsh.
Started off cold, and cloudy, then the sun burst fourth and Parula
started breaking out in song.

We had Palm Warblers as thick as Trillium in places...My wife and I
counted 18-20.

Yellow Rump Warblers were all over as well...again in the 20s...En said
she never wants to see one again...she was strafed by one, actually hit
her nose with its wing. :-D

Yellow Warblers 2 or 3 were around the pond.

2 American Redstarts at the pond were so close I couldn't focus in on them.

We heard at least one Black-throated Green.

We had fleeting glimpses of a Blackburnian...we think.  I saw through my
camera an orange throat, but it was gone before I could press the shutter.

There were other Warbler sounds in the air, we just couldn't see or
otherwise ID.

There was also a call that was like a low Gutteral laugh...just could
not see our place it.

Also were Nuthatches, Blue Grey Gnatcatchers, Titmice, Cardinals,
Cowbirds, a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers, Red Bellied Woodpeckers, Downy
Woodpeckers, Canada Geese, Turkey Vultures, Song Sparrows, White
Throated Sparrows, Cardinals, Meadowlarks. Both types of Chickadees. the
Black Caps were building a nest in a cavity in an old dead tree.

Other that, pretty much the same.

Better Shots are here:
http://sjlarue.smugmug.com/Unsorted/OhioBirds/16108559_K6usy

Well, time for work!