From:
Greg Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2011 14:12:25 -0700
Howdy All!

Figures.  I called the Bobolink yesterday morning.  No update.  But thanks to a
tip from Su Snyder, I heard the RBA got updated last night with news of a
WESTERN MEADOWLARK Northwest of Holmesville.  Cheryl Harner and I found the bird
this morning in a field just South of the lane to 8590 Township Rd 323.  It flew
up to a telephone line next to the lane and sang its heart out.  What a
beautiful song on a blustery April day!  I don't know the city.  It's North of
Holmesvile, West of Fredericksburg and East of Shreve.  Here's a stab at
directions.

From the intersection of County Road 1 (this is right at the Wayne County/Holmes
County line) and State Rt 83:

* Drive West on County Road 1 for about 0.8 miles.  If you go past Ohio Floor on
your left, you have gone too far
* Turn South on Township Rd 323 for about 0.9 miles.
* The WESTERN MEADOWLARK has been seen in the fields and perched on wires near
the end of the lane along TR 323

I'll update my link to the Bobolink RBA online soon at my website, under The
Bobolink tab (http://www.gregmillerbirding.com/the-bobolink/).

Happy hunting!

-Greg Miller
Sugarcreek, OH