From:
Heather Raymond <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Heather Raymond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2011 17:37:31 -0400
Garganey still present Sunday afternoon.  I highly recommend walking the 3 mile loop trail behind the visitor center that goes through a nice mix of habitats.  Great views of grasshopper & savannah sparrows, blue grosbeak, chats, cerulean warbler, prairie warbler, yellow throat warblers, all the common warblers, summer & scarlet tanager, pileated, wood thrushes on trail, almost all the vireos, pewee, common forest birds,  all the mimics, and probably lots more I'm forgetting, including a couple decent shorebirds. Thought I saw two bobolinks chasing a crow, but too far off in the fields to be confident and I didn't hear their crazy song so can't confirm.  If anyone cares about a complete list or locations on trail of various birds, email me off list (too tricky to type everything on the iPhone!).

Cheers,
Heather

Sent from my iPhone