Date:
Sat, 7 May 2011 15:59:57 -0400
This morning's program at Highbanks Metro Park was a "Warbler Walk."
Attendance was high and Bruce Miller and I broke the walk into two groups. I
haven't seen Bruce's list yet but I am aware that we both had several species
on  our list that the other lacked. We both tallied over 20 species of
warblers with  the highlight being an incredibly cooperative Brewster's Warbler on
the Pet  Trail. I don't even want to try to guess how many pictures were
taken of him  this morning. Maybe he's hamming it up to compete with the
Kirland's warbler  that continues to hang around at Kinnear Road in Columbus. Not
a bad pair to  have hanging around.

Some of the warblers at Highbanks were: Blue-winged, Brewster's, Tennessee,
 Nashville, Northern Parula, Yellow, Magnolia, Black-throated Blue,
Yellow-rumped, Black-throated Green, Blackburnian, Yellow-throated, Pine, Palm,
Cerulean, Black & White, American Redstart, Ovenbird, Louisiana Waterthrush,
Kentucky, Common Yellowthroat, Hooded, Wilson's and Yellow-breasted Chat. I
 believe the other group also had Prairie, Bay-breasted and possibly
Blackpoll.

A few others logged in are Red-shouldered Hawk, Barred Owl. Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker and Red-breasted Nuthatch.

Everyone appeared to have a good time, became more adept at walking in mud
(the pet trail is a challenge without proper footwear), and incurred lots
of  "warbler neck." It was a good morning to be at Highbanks.

Charlie Bombaci