From:
Terry Sponseller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Sponseller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2011 12:36:22 -0400
After first hearing the Clay - colored Sparrow on April 25th and seeing him in a neighbor's yard on the 27th,  we finally saw him feeding in our yard on May 6th.  He was here yesterday many times to eat and again this morning.  This year he is not singing incessantly like he did for over a month last year.   Maybe the Chipping Sparrow he mated with in 2010 has come back with him.  It is hard to say how often he is coming in to feed since he does not buzz first like last year.  We did see him at least 5 times this morning,  the earliest was about 7:30am.  Visitors are welcome.
Terry and Barb Sponseller
4657 13th St. N.W.
Canton
330 - 478 - 0448