From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 May 2011 16:47:45 -0700
 I went to Villa Angela/Wildwood 4/29, 4/30 and 5/1.  I thought I  would post some of the common seasonal birds that we have seen the last few days.  Also, wanted to mention some birds coming through my yard this last week.

My yard 4/27 had female Purple Finch with male I couldn't ID - not sure if male was House Finch
My yard 4/28 had male Ruby-throated Hummingbird at my hummingbird feeder

Villa Angela/Wildwood (I was here today 10:15 til 4pm.  Mark Anderson was there til around 1:30pm. Jeanne Hrenko came afterwards and Laura Madden and husband came at that time.  **Three warblers seen later when everyone left because of continual searching.

Black-crowned Night-Heron 2 (adult and juvenile seen 4/30 mostly flying away from Wildwood woods
Green Herons 2 seen on 4/30, today mostly seen flying
Spotted Sandpiper 1 on 4/30
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1 on 5/1
Least Flycatcher 1  5/1
Great Crested Flycatcher 1 on 5/1
White-eyed Vireo 1  found on 4/30 by Mark, Jeanne saw it on 5/1
Northern- Rough-winged Swallows 6-8 in Wildwood
Carolina Wrens  2-3  This park hasn't had so many singing for a few years
Ruby-crowned Kinglets 6-7  today
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers 10+ (more on 4/30)
Veery 3 (very visible especially near wet area closer to lake in Villa Angela)
Hermit Thrush 10+
Wood Thrush 1

Warblers:
Yellow   5-6
Black-throated Blue 1 m  **
Yellow-rumped  9
Black-throated Green 1  **
Palm Warbler 3
Black-and-White 1  **
American Redstarts 3
Ovenbird  2
Northern Waterthrush probably 2 (these have been here most of the week also seen by others
Common Yellowthroat 3
Hooded Warbler 1 female (I saw 4/29, 4/30, 5/1 (seen by Jeanne earlier in week)

Scarlet Tanager 1 male, first found by Laura & husband
Lincoln's Sparrow 1
Swamp Sparrows  3
White-throated Sparrows - over 45
White-crowned Sparrow 1 (not sure if this is the one that has been here since 2/13/11
Rose-breasted Grosbeak  2 (m & f) Mark & I found a female in Wildwood below bridge, Laura Madden first found the male in Villa Angela, I didn't find til later, Jeanne also saw a pair near the entrance to the park near Lakeshore Blvd in Villa Angela

Baltimore Oriole 1 heard near bridge in Wildwood, Jeanne heard a couple near entrance to park in Villa Angela

The sounds of Ovenbirds, Northern Waterthrush and Wood Thrush were shooting through the air making it confusing after awhile in Villa Angela.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/