From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2011 19:15:40 -0700
I had to work til 4pm today.  On my break at 10:15am in Warrensville Hts off of Galaxy Pkwy running north off Miles Rd west of Richmond Rd. there is a narrow grass strip near the road and a woods.  I saw a Tennessee Warbler singing and when I peaked into to woods there was a Magnolia and male MOURNING WARBLER in a tree. (no camera & first I have seen).  So around 5:15pm I went to Villa Angela and Wildwood State Parks on the east side of Cleveland hoping to find more.  I found five warbler species and then at 5:40 a lightning storm came through as I waited by the bathhouse for it to leave around 6pm.  It was erie looking on the lake.  It took another hour before the warblers reappeared (except the common yellowthroats) and had to see many swallows, flycatchers, sparrows and thrush til 7pm.  Didn't see as many warblers as I expected - here are a few of what I saw.  Most warblers seen in Villa Angela  just west of Euclid Creek (including
 the bathhouse area).  Also when I arrived before the storm just west of the grassy knoll area.

Least Flycatchers 3
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
Eastern Kingbird 1
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Veery 4
Hermit Thrush 2
Wood Thrush 2
Cedar Waxwings 4 (Wildwood)

Nashville 5
Northern Parula 1
Yellow
Chestnut-sided 1
Magnolia 2
Black-throated Blue 2 m & f
Blackpoll 1 m
American Redstart 2
Northern Waterthrush (1 was seen on 5/11)
Ovenbird 1
Common Yellowthroat 3-4
Wilson's 2

Lincoln's Sparrow 4
Swamp Sparrow 1
White-throated - numerous, White-crowned - few
oddles of Catbirds and swallows

At home this afternoon I had an Lincoln Sparrow under my feeder along with the White-crowned that have been around the last few days.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH