From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2011 20:12:21 -0700
I went to Villa Angela/Wildwood parks today on the east side of Cleveland from 8am to 11:30am.  I only found 11 warblers species so I wento to Chagrin River Park in Lake County and arrived around 12:30pm.  Jeanne Hrenko had already been there 3-1/2 to 4 hrs and was almost ready to leave and did when it started to lightning and rain.  She had 13 warblers species and I had 11 but she had better birds earlier before the rain storm.  I had to wait 45 mins til the thunder stopped around 1:30pm.  I will combine some of what was seen by both of us:

Wild Turkey
Lease Flycatchers
Great  Crested Flycatchers
Warbling & Red-eyed
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1 (each saw one)
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers - several
Swainson's Thrush - several

Warblers:
Blue-winged 1 heard
Nashville  2
Northern Parula 1
Yellow
Chestnut-sided 1
Magnolia  5-6
Black-throated Blue 1 heard
Yellow-rumped - few
Black-throated Green 1
Palm 2
Bay-breasted 1 f
Black-and-white - at least 5
American Redstart - at least 5
Ovenbird 1
Northern Waterthrush 1
Common Yellowthroat  3-4
Wilson's  3-4
Canada 1

At Villa Angela/Wildwood on Lakeshore Blvd at E. 174th in Cleveland from 8 to 11:30 and I returned late in the afternoon and didn't see much new or as much.

Black-crowned Night-Heron 1 juvenile
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Least Flycatchers 3-4
Great Crested Flycatchers 2, Eastern Kingbirds 3-4
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Warbling & Red-eyed - now everywhere
Carolina Wren 1 heard
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Veery 2
Swainson's Thrush 4, Wood Thrush 2
Baltimore Orioles - abundant

Warblers: Nashville 3, Northern Parula 1, Yellow, Magnolia 4, Black-throated Blue 1f, Black-and-White 1, American Redstart 4,Ovenbird 1, Northern Waterthrush 1, Common Yellowthroat 3, Wilson's 3

Eastern Towhee 1m
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
White-crowned 3, White-throated - many
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 1f
Indigo Buntings 2 (wildwood) first I have seen here
Baltimore Orioles - many

Lincoln Sparrows 2-3
White-throated - many
Indigo Bunting 2
Cedar Waxwing - few

Heard Tennessee Warbler calling at 6am at my home this morning - didn't see at any parks.  Had female Rose-breasted Grosbeak at my tube feeder this evening.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/