From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2011 07:50:30 -0400
A friend with a book in the oven is looking for old photos that document
the "harvest" of passenger pigeons in the old days. It has proved
difficult to find photos of scenes such as a hunter/target shooter with
a dead bird, barrels of pigeons ready for shipment by rail, pigeons for
sale in a market, captive birds for the target-practice crowd, etc. It
is hard to believe the our interaction with so many millions of these
birds has produced no photos of the results. It's possible some local
historical society or personal collection might contain such unpublished
images. If anyone knows of one, please let me know. Again, I am asking
about unique photographs that have not already been widely publicized of
which you have personal knowledge. We've *already* scoured the Web...
Many thanks for any help,
Bill Whan
Columbus