From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 May 2011 15:00:26 -0700
I again went to Villa Angela and Wildwood State Parks on the east side of Cleveland today.  I was there from 7:50 to 3:45pm.  Just about every bird or every other bird was a flycatcher and there was warbler activity right near the lake at Villa Angela most of the day.  Very buggy in the trees near the beach.  Most of the birds were high in the thick leaves.  Here are some of the birds I saw or heard:

BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO 1
Eastern-Wood-Pewees - many
Willow Flycatchers - over 8 (first I have heard the fitz-bews)
Least Flycatchers - over 10
Great Crested Flycatchers - over 5
Eastern Kingbirds 3-4
Red-eyed Vireos - numerous near lake also Warbling
Carolina Wren 1 heard in Wildwood
Swainson's Thrush - at least 8
Wood Thrush 2
Cedar Waxwings - this was another day for Waxwings-when in marina or Villa Angela would see large groups of 15 or 25 and even over 50 and they kept flying west and circling back.  Going through the Wildwood woods and then down by Euclid Creek they were especially thick down with over 30-40 at one time.

Warblers:
Tennessee 1 (heard off and on all day west of bathhouse)
Nashville 1
Yellow - numerous
Chestnut-sided 2
Magnolia 3
Black-throated Green 1
Blackburnian 1 female
Palm 2
Bay-breasted 1 (Roz located this bird)
Blackpoll 10-12 very numerous males & females  \
American Redstarts 10-12
Ovenbird 1
MOURNING WARBLER 1 male  (horrible picture)
Common Yellowthroat 10+
Wilson's 4
Canada 1 female

Field Sparrow 1