From:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cindy Beckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2011 18:36:33 -0700
Bobolinks were reported by one team during the Dayton Audubon Society Birdathon
this past weekend.  They were seen at the same location where they were found
last year.  In Greene County, take Old Stage Road off Route 42, south of the
village of Spring Valley and just north of Roxanna New Burlington Road. (Many
birders are familiar with Roxanna-New-Burlington Road because of Spring Valley
Wildlife Area's location).  At the top of the hill on Old Stage Road, turn right
on Sears Road.  The Bobolinks were seen in the fields near this intersection,
just as they were in 2010.  The birds are frequently very close to the road.
The birder reporting the birds saw them at around 5:00 PM on Saturday.
 Cindy Beckman
Cheepers! Birding on a Budget
www.cheepersbirding.com