From:
Laura Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2011 00:29:45 -0400
After spending several hours at Fernald yesterday morning and evening
without a look at the Garganey, I hoped for better luck today. I arrived at
around 6:00PM and the Garganey was not in sight. The water level is very
high, no shorebird area remains around this pond, so the teal are spending
most of their time in the water out of sight in the submerged grasses. I
checked every spot I thought would give a better advantage with no luck. As
I was giving up at 8:10 this evening the Garganey flew to Lodge Pond, and
landed in the water across from the viewing deck. He then disappeared
immediately into the grasses and wasn't seen again.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keeneone/5686198330/
Hope he hangs around!
Laura Keene
Mason, OH