From:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Hurtado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2011 21:57:07 -0400
I managed a few more visits to see the Kirtland's Warbler this
afternoon/evening (eventually with my camera and some recording gear
in hand!) and was delighted to see that so many were able to come out
and see/hear this very cooperative bird.  It was also great to see the
throngs of birders interacting so well with the many neighbors and
passers by who stopped to see what all the fuss was about.

When I finally left the area around 7:50pm, the sun was out and the
bird was foraging low in the very same tree where I first found it -
practically posing for pictures.  No luck with the recording effort
(it was pretty quiet this evening while I was there, save a few buzzy
flight calls) but I did manage to take a few decent photos before
heading home:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pauljhurtado/5689006342/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pauljhurtado/5689006664/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pauljhurtado/5689006940/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pauljhurtado/5689007258/

Added bonus: ever since I picked up my van from Tom & Jerry's on
Kenny, the incessant squeaking in my brakes is gone! ;)

Good birding,
Paul Hurtado