Date:
Thu, 5 May 2011 15:31:46 -0400
Lawrence continues to be awesome.  Sunny day made warblers a little
higher in the trees, but still enjoyable.

Warbler List include:

Nashville
Hooded
Female Prothonotary
Am. Redstart with some great tail action
Palm
Blackburnian
Yellow Rump
Magnolia
Black Throated Green
Black Throated Blue
Ovenbird
Yellow
Black and White

Other notables (to me)
Wood Ducks roosting in the trees...I still get unnerved when I see that.
Wood Thrush (lifer)
Ruby Crowned Kinglets
FOY Ruby Throated Hummingbird

All else:
Cardinals, Grackles, Catbirds, Blue Grey Gnatcatchers, Blackbirds,
Turkey Vultures, GBH, House Wrens, Goldfinches, White Throated Sparrows,
Robins.

American Golden Plovers continue to be in the fields on the corner of
Treaty Line and Phelps Roads in Union County.

Pictures including some Am Redstart Tail action, are where the are:
http://sjlarue.smugmug.com/Unsorted/OhioBirds/16108559_K6usy

Day two of the Halo...and the House Sparrow HATE me! :-D  There were a
couple of people asking aout "the Halo" yesterday, and I thought that I
would pass along that link that Sean Williams sent me.  I thought that
most everyone knew what it was, so I didn't elaborate.  It's basically a
wire hoop with wires hanging down..HOSP don't like to eat under wires
apparently, so they stay away. Here is website that shows one and where
to buy, but I just used two metal coat hangers and some picture frame
wire and lead weights from my fishing gear. :
http://www.sialis.org/halo.htm

I have noticed that where I didn't put a wire, the HOSP will land and
eat there, but where I didn't they stay away like the plague.  I am not
usually around much of the day to monitor, but the feeder hasn't needed
filled in 24 hours now...nice! :-D

Have a great day!

Steve J.
Psalm 19:1 (ESV)
1 The heavens declare the glory of God,
    and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.