Date:
Thu, 5 May 2011 21:11:25 -0400

Linda  and I took advantage of the great weather today and birded at Clear
Creek Metro  Park in Hocking County. The temperature was comfortable, the
sun actually  remained out all day and the birds did their part and also
showed up. We had to  work for every bird until about 10:00 AM then suddenly
activity really  accelerated. Hooded Warblers were the star of the day. We
tallied almost 40  Hoodies. Common Yellowthroats were also very abundant with a
count of about 30.  In all we had 90 species with 21 species of warblers. Our
Black Vulture count,  one, was the lowest I’ve ever had for them at Clear
Creek. I guess I’ll consider  it a trade-off for the Osprey Linda spotted as
it flew along the creek. Vireos  were well represented with 5 different
species. We took a break for lunch at the  Barnabey Picnic Area. As we ate we
were serenaded on three sides by Hooded  Warblers.  The Clear Creek Valley is
always a special place to visit.
The  species most likely to be of interest are listed below.
Charlie  Bombaci
Black  Vulture
Osprey
Red-shouldered  Hawk