OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2011

From:
Rita Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2011 10:05:59 -0400
Just to clarify – I used “float” to describe the lovely quality of the
pelicans’ flight on Saturday.  They were in the air, not the water!  :)

Regards,

Rita Schneider

************

At 11:40am Saturday morning just east of Medusa Marsh (Bayview, Erie
County), Laura Alldridge and I saw 11 American White Pelicans move into
formation and float north/northwest.

Guessing this is part of the same group.  Would be interesting to know if
these and the 8 Bill mentioned are part of the 19-20 at Pickerel Creek at
the end of April, or new travelers.

Also seen today were:
1 Cattle Egret along the west side of the Magee causeway, 1 male Dickcissel
singing away at treetop along Stange Rd, and 1 Snowy Egret at Ottawa-Lucas
Rd, off Rt. 2.

Cheers,
Rita Schneider
Cuyahoga County