OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2011

From:
Terri Martincic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Martincic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 12:54:58 -0400
Hello all,

Working in downtown Cleveland has its benefits.  Birding at Erie Street Cemetery is one of them.

Today I saw a Chimney Swift repeatedly attempt to break a branch from a half dead tree.  Chipping Sparrows and a Baltimore Oriole are apparently staying for the nesting season.  The Eastern Wood-Pewee and Red-eyed Vireo appear to be late migrants.

Birding really does begin in June.  Grab some bug spray and sun screen and get out there!  Contribute to the Ohio Breeding Bird Atlas while your at it.  I've learned a lot about our nesting birds by participating, bet you will too.  If you live in northern Ohio and are looking for a place to Atlas, let me know, there are still some Medina County Metroparks needing data.

Join a block busting event, many are listed here, including our Summer Birding Bonanza on the 4th of July weekend (south of Wellington):
http://www.ohiobirds.org/obba2/calendar.php

Enjoy,
Terri Martincic
Region 30/40 Coordinator