OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2011

From:
Julie Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:36:11 -0400
Greetings Ohio Birders!

I hope you all had a chance to get outside and see some of the migrating
warblers this Spring!  Ohio hosted several great bird festivals and birding
events, and folks were reveling in warm sunny days.  It came as quite a
relief after the wettest April on record!

Tuesday marked the end of Spring in terms of the way we keep track of bird
records; March 1st to May 31st.  Please consider submitting your
observations of Ohio birds from the Spring 2011 season to The Ohio Cardinal.
Each issue reports the species account for the state, and relies heavily on
field observations from birders. Even if you have reported sightings to the
listserv, please provide a list of your most important records to ensure
that they are cited in the journal. A convenient form for submitting
seasonal observations and additional information is available at:
<http://www.ohiobirds.org/publications/cardinal/aboutcardinal.php>
http://www.ohiobirds.org/publications/cardinal/aboutcardinal.php

Please send your Spring 2011 field observations to me by June 25th.  You can
send your report to either my e-mail or by postal mail to the following
address:

Dr. Jill M. Russell

Biology Department

College of Mount St Joseph

5701 Delhi Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45233-1670

e-mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Andy Jones and I are diligently working on the completion of the 2009 and
2010 issues of The Cardinal, and hope to get caught up by Spring of 2012.
If you are interested in helping with The Cardinal, we would love the
assistance!

Photographs and articles are also greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jill

Julie