OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2011

From:
William Hull <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Hull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 16:50:42 -0400
Ken,

I posted this a few months back but I'll post again since it is
relevant.  When the Barred Owl in the video is looking down it is
peering into the koi pond behind my house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFlSkh3Pd20

I see it there about once a week.  Indeed, it was there earlier today.
 I have seen it peering into the water for up to a minute at a time
but I have yet to see it attempt to take one of the fish.

In this video one member of the local Red-shouldered Hawk pair makes a
pass at the owl.  I have slowed it down to 1/10th speed and the hawk
still blurs through the frames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUBEWKWa8Xo

Cheers,
Bill Hull