OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2011

From:
jill bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jill bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 21:26:36 -0400
Last night we heard Sandhill Cranes ??? From our campground - Paradise Acres
Did not locate the birds - they may have been flying over but unseen!

And our feeders (thistle & Syrup) have been busily furnishing nourishment to the
Goldfinches (they have lion-heads!! Fight over on perch though there are TEN available!!)
And the Rubythroated Hummers (we have two males) are NOT sharing!! They do
however WAIT impatiently for the 10 orioles (1 Orchard) to quench their thirst before
they resume their dining.

We have heard a Yellow-billed Cuckoo, seen Cedar Waxwings, Rosebreasted Grosbeaks
and also a couple of Peacocks around our campsite!

Naturally, our campground is called "Paradise Acres"!!!!

Enjoy,

Jill
Auglaize County
Summering in Ottawa County