OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2011

From:
Kirt Beiling <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kirt Beiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2011 19:19:19 -0400
Went back to my home town for the the 4th of July (Stow, OH).

Being from Columbus, I'm spoiled when it comes to "my" park system (thank
you, Columbus Metro Parks).

Had an opportunity to visit "the newer," Summit County Metro Parks -
Tallmadge Meadows Area on the weekend of the 4th while I was back home.

Thanks should be given to Summit County Metro Parks for buying up the
extra Renner Land and creating a permanent, natural, Prairie and Woodland
Break habitat.  Hiking trails in between.

Although I only had an hour, I counted 15+ species.  My favorite was the
Orchard Oriel.  Indigo Buntings where everywhere.

Birders from the Tallmadge/Stow/Munroe Falls/Akron area...if you want to
see some birds...check this place out.