OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2011

From:
Linda Sekura <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 15:41:17 -0400
The piping plovers were still there when I left at 10:45am.  One was hanging around on the middle spit the entire hour I was there.  Several birders came and went, including the head of the Lorain Port, who said he and his wife are birders.  He also said that they're trying to put in a nature center by the impoundment, get rid of the invasives, and expand the mudflat habitat for the shorebirds.

Thanks, Chris, for letting us know it was a SB dowitcher.  The several of us that were there took our eyes off of the piping plovers for too long trying to figure out SB vs LB.  Laura(?), who said she was more of a Florida birder, pointed out a willet, too.

Linda Sekura
Maple Heights OH
216-598-0113