OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2011

From:
David Irons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Irons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Aug 2011 17:03:01 -0700
Greetings All,

It's that time of year when many
birders are trying to relearn how to age and then identify southbound
migrant shorebirds. As one who has watched many birders struggle with
this process, I decided to write short photo essay that may be of help
get you started. I posted this piece to the BirdFellow.com online
journal a few days ago and have received some very positive feedback
from folks who found this easy-to-remember tip helpful. It can be viewed at the following link:

www.birdfellow.com/journals

I'd also encourage you to share your feedback via the comments button on the site.

If you haven't already, you might
want to check out our online social field guide. There are lots of great photos (including a bunch from your fellow Ohioan Robert Royse), many showing plumages that might not appear in your printed
field guides.

http://www.birdfellow.com/birds/guide

Enjoy,

Dave Irons