OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2011

From:
Vicci Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:16:09 -0400
Sorry, I did not realize that the parts of the revised draft would be
stripped out of the message.  Below is more explanation.  I apologize if you
received this twice.
FYI
The comment period ends 9/23.    Especially troubling:

If the USFWS does not respond within 60 days, the developer may proceed
through tier 3, putting up the turbines.

The Guidelines will be effective before training?  The service looses its
existing authority to inspect and assess the sufficiency of records on an
Avian or Bat
Protection plan or wildlife management plan?

Use of adaptive managment where species of concern are significant.  How
about this is a bad spot...no turbines here.  Is this an experiment with
wildlife?

Vicci Weeks

  _____