OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2011

From:
Linda Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:53:00 -0400
Bruce,

I was at Blendon Woods on Wednesday this week and met you coming past the
nature center.  You talked to me about the location of the Connecticut
Warbler on the Goldenrod Trail.  Thanks for your efforts.  I have still been
unable to return to the woods early in the day to see it.  However, I have
another question.  When I was at the back loop of the Goldenrod Trail around
noon on Wednesday, I saw a flycatcher.  It had a noticeable eye ring and I
supposed it to be a Least.  But as I looked more closely I saw the it was
yellower than any flycatcher I had ever seen.  None of the books I looked at
 showed any yellow on a Least.  Could it have been a Yellow-bellied?  Did
you see a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher back there in the morning?  Is it still
early enough that it is a real possibility?  Any insight you can offer me
would be much appreciated.

Linda Helm
Columbus