OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2011

From:
Manon Van Schoyck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Manon Van Schoyck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2011 00:11:39 -0400
The Ohio Wildlife Rehabilitators Association(OWRA) is pleased to invite the
birding community to our Saturday night banquet with special guest speaker
Norman Smith from the Massachusetts Audubon Society &  Blue Hills Trailside
Museum and Norman Smith Environmental Education Center in Milton,
Massachusetts.

Norman has studied birds of prey for over 35 years, including rehabilitating
the injured and successfully fostering over 1,000 orphaned hawk and owl
chicks into adoptive nests. His ongoing long-term projects include trapping
and banding migrating hawks and owls in the Blue Hills Reservation, banding
nestling hawks and owls, and doing research on snowy owls and other raptors
wintering at Boston's Logan International Airport. He has also traveled to
Alaska to study snowy owls in their native tundra habitat. His research work
has been published in National Geographic, National Wildlife, Ranger Rick,
Yankee, Massachusetts Wildlife, Bird Observer, Birding, Sanctuary, Geo,
Nature, Grolier Encyclopedia, Owls of the Northern Hemisphere and Owls of
the World. His mission is to use the information gathered from his research
to stimulate a passion in everyone he meets to help us better understand,
appreciate and care for this world in which we live.

While OWRA welcomes all to our weekend long conference we are offering the
Saturday night banquet dinner and speaker separately. The Conference is from
November 11-13th and is being held at the Holiday Inn at Routes 270 and 23
in Worthington. For more information including registration go to
www.owra.org/events <http://www.owra/events>

Or contact Manon VanSchoyck at 740 967-8320.  I've seen Norman speak and he
is fantastic! Hope to see you there!

Thank you,

Manon VanSchoyck

OWRA Board member and Co-conference chair