OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2011

From:
Leslie Sours <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie Sours <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2011 22:41:25 -0400
I was returning home at precisely the same time and witnessed the same thing.  I have never seen anything like it.  The density of big blue dragonflies extended all along 33 from Fishinger Rd. to Lane Avenue, then east to North Star Rd.  Nighthawks were in the sky all along the way by the hundreds.  Judging by the number of mosquito bites I got trying to watch the show from my yard near west campus, I'd guess that there was a banquet up there!   Wonderful to see.  Even better through binoculars against the gray sky.  Their white wing bars just popped!  So glad to hear that someone else saw it, too.

Leslie Sours

Sent from my iPad