OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2011

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2011 12:28:17 -0500
There have been some good birds at Conneaut this morning.  I arrived about 10:00.  Unlike most days, the nest birds have been in the east end of the harbor.  There has been a 1st cycle Franklin's gull feeding at the river mouth with Bonaparte.  Earlier they were at the mouth and now they have moved up the river a bit.

There have been close to 200 horned grebes in the harbor and marine area.  There has been an eared grebe at the mouth of the creek.  I kept watching to see if it would go into the marina with all the horned grebes.  No luck.

There are 100+ snow buntings east of the marina.  I also had a pomarine Jaeger come over the east breakwall then head back east.

There were two purple sandpipers on the west breakwall.  The only good bird on the mudflat was a Bonaparte's immature with an incomplete hood.

John Pogacnik