OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2011

From:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2011 21:23:10 -0500
The National Audubon CHRISTMAS BIRD COUNT for the O'Shaughnessy CBC circle
is Monday January 2, 2012. The OHOS CBC circle takes in the counties of NW
Franklin, SW Delaware and NE Union Counties and includes western Powell,
southern Delaware, northern Dublin and eastern Marysville including a
portion of Plain City and all of Shawnee Hills. It includes Glacier Ridge
Metro Park, The Columbus Zoo, Emily Traphagen PP and Blues Creek PP and a
long portion of the Scioto River shoreline to name a few areas.  I am
looking for volunteer counters/participants again this year and both
experienced and beginners are welcome!!  I do set up areas within the circle
as much as I can the week before so please let me know as soon as possible
if you can help.

We meet at 7:15amET at the Wendy's at Glick Rd and Dublin Rd to take care of
paperwork and we try to be on territory by sunrise 7:55amET.  Then we meet
at Iacano's in Shawnee Hills between 5-5:30pm to turn in totals, have dinner
and socialize on the days' fun.  Sunset is 5:17pm.  Teams receive a packet
of materials for the circle portion they are covering.

National Audubon assesses each adult a fee of $5.00 (please bring to the
meeting site) and students under the age or 19 do not need to pay the fee.
There is no charge for feeder watchers in the circle.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you can join us on Jan. 2, 2012.
This is the 112th CBC and this is always a lot of fun for the participants
who take part in this great citizen science project. I know many of you
enjoy helping with several CBC's.  Visit the following website for more
information on Christmas Bird Counts at  <http://www.christmasbirdcount.org>
www.christmasbirdcount.org

Contact Darlene Sillick, OHOS CBC compiler at [log in to unmask]
or home 614-761-3696 or cell 614-288-3696 if you are interested to help with
this count.

Thanks so much for your offer to help!!!