OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2011

Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:22:20 -0500
The Black-tailed Gull was found this morning around 8:30 a.m. Looking due north from Site C. It is currently sitting on a sandbar just down from the break wall in the harbor proper, just north of the river mouth. The best viewing is from site A on top of the bluff. SEE www.northnw.wordpress.com for a map. Walk around the museum following the fence line and there is a small window through heavy machinery that will allow you to scope the bird.

****Another amazing opportunity has opened up. A local industrial site worker is taking folks one at a time in a truck out along the industrial grounds, allowing near point blank views of the bird across the river. We have been very, very, very generously tipping him. Meet the white ford f150 at site C (the cement bridge). I do not know how long he will run this service. He offered to do it when he saw birders gathered on the bridge.

 there are going to be some INCREDIBLE photos of the gull after today.

JB

Jen Brumfield
Cleveland, OH