OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2011

From:
Geoff Malosh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Geoff Malosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:54:13 -0500
My wife Kristin, who works at an industrial site in Youngstown, sent me pictures of a bird they found in a parking lot on their site this morning. It turned out to be a Red-throated Loon, which obviously wrecked last night mistaking the lot for a body of water. The bird appeard to be okay... it had no broken wings, it was alert, etc. I advised them to release the bird on water, which they did on the Mahoning River about an hour ago. It quickly swam to the middle of the river and seemed to be doing just fine.

Geoff Malosh
Pittsburgh