OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2011

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:25:23 -0500
        Last year, thanks to the generosity of the University of Michigan
Museum of Zoology, I was able to give seventy-some copies of Milton
Trautman's "The Birds of Buckeye Lake" to readers of this list. Because
numbers of copies were limited for this great work on Ohio birds, I
limited availability to educators, libraries, wildlife/parks centers, etc.
        Since then I've found this book on-line, from the University of
Michigan.  It's probably easier to use than the hard copy as it's
searchable, so you don't have to worry about the outdated taxonomic
order, etc. So, for folks who wanted one but couldn't get one, you can
download it at
http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/handle/2027.42/56289
Just look up a few species and read the accounts. If you wanna just take
a sip, try passenger pigeon, spotted sandpiper, Connecticut warbler,
Lincoln's sparrow, and eastern sparrow hawk--or Falco sparverius--yes,
some of the nomenclature's a bit old...
Enjoy,
Bill Whan
Columbus