OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
Allen Chartier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Allen Chartier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:05:12 -0500
Birders,

I'll also start by saying that genetics isn't my field of expertise. I'd
like to add something I recall (hopefully correctly) from my high school
genetics class (too many years ago). A Ross's Goose that appears perfectly
"normal" in all respects, could have Snow Goose genes; first generation
(f1) hybrids will often look like one of the parents, showing no
intermediate characters at all.

--
Allen T. Chartier
Inkster, Michigan