OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
Jennifer Sauter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Sauter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 20:18:37 -0500

Happy Holidays to Ohio¹s Birding Community!
The Board of the Ohio Ornithological Society sends their warmest wishes to
our fellow birders across the state!

We are very excited to announce our new and revamped website!  We have been
working hard to get it together and, though there are a few things left to
do, we were too excited not to share it with all of you before the holidays!
Our site now offers online membership, links to Ohio¹s birding blogs, RSS &
Twitter feeds and much, much more!  Everything that you need to keep up to
date with all of the exciting happenings in Ohio¹s birding community! We are
proud to be Ohio¹s Birding Network!

We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to join or renew your membership
to the Ohio Ornithological Society. We¹re adding some incentive with a
special limited-time offer, so please check us out on the web TODAY!
www.ohiobirds.org <http://www.oihobirds.org>

We invite all birders who are not OOS members to be a part of The Ohio
Ornithological Society. Won¹t you join us.?

A NOTE ABOUT THIS LISTSERV:
The Ohio Ornithological Society is proud to provide the OHIOBIRDS listserv
for all of our community. It provides us with updated bird sightings and
also allows us to connect with others that share our passion.  We would like
to remind everyone of our Ohio Birding Forum, which is now easier to
access‹right from the new home page on our website.  It now offers RSS,
feeds and updated topics. Topics include:  Beginners¹ Corner, Attracting
Birds, Birding Equipment, Photography, Identification, and Natural History.
It is also contains a collective photo gallery of birds and of birders!

The recent postings of proper ³netiquette² are valid and we would like to
remind everyone that we provide both listservs for all birders ­ any
misconduct should be reported to us immediately.  Everyone should respect
each other on and off the listserv. We need to be mindful that the Ohio
birding community contains people of all levels of talent, knowledge,
interest, and involvement‹and the OOS strives to welcome everyone to join
us.

So please join us TODAY! Your membership will connect you to collective
birding information and resources from across the state, enhance your
knowledge of wild birds and help protect our birds and conserve vital
habitat. Unite with us and be a part of Ohio's Birding Network!

Happy Holidays to ALL of you and please feel free to contact me if you have
any questions or suggestions on our new site!

ENJOY!
Jen Sauter
President, Ohio Ornithological Society