OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2011

From:
Allen Chartier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Allen Chartier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:12:52 -0500
Bruce,

Thanks for the update on the Holmes County Rufous Hummingbird. Today (Dec.
21) I went to near Medina, Medina County and banded another Rufous, this
one a hatch-year female that has been on-site since mid-September. The
homeowner is willing to allow visitors to see the bird. Please email me for
directions if you're interested in seeing this bird. Two Rufous
Hummingbirds were banded in 2005 in Wadsworth, within 10 miles of today's
bird.

In addition to these two Rufous, there are two others still on-site as of
today (as far as I know). One in Union County (email Jim McCormac for
location info), and one in Damascus, Mahoning County at the home of Bob and
Denise Lane, which has been posted to this list previously.

I have provided details of all these birds to the compiler of the bird
survey for the Ohio Cardinal, though I'm not sure if my message got through
or not.

If any of these other Rufous lingers into January, I'll also post to the
list, so you may have a choice to visit a hummingbird near you :-)

--
Allen T. Chartier
Inkster, Michigan